Struggling to compete with GM's dominance, ALCO introduced its
first diesel locomotive, the FA-1 in 1945. ALCO realized that there was a
tremendous demand to satisfy from the railroads phasing out steam power. The
unit was designed as a dual purpose locomotive suitable for freight &
passenger service. ALCO produced almost 700 units between 1945 and 1950 for
railroads all over the country.
Williams trains are known for quality and affordability, see the
features list below.
- O-Scale, O Gauge
- Powered Unit
- Dummy Unit
- Dual Motors in Power Unit
- Traction Tires
- Flywheel Coasting Action
- All Metal Gears
- Elecronic 6 Amp Reverse Board
- True Blast II Digital Diesel Horn & Bell
- Durable ABS Plastic Shell
- Die-cast Trucks, Truck Sides & Pilots
- Die-cast Operating Front Couplers
- Individually Installed Grab Irons
- Etched Metal Grills on Side Vents & Roof Fans
- Operating Headlights
- Navigates O27 Curves
- AA Length: 27.25"
- AA Height: 4"
- Finescale Detailing!
This set is in new condition. It was taken out of the box to test and make
sure that it is in proper operating condition for you. Includes boxes and